Internet Filmmakers' FAQ
Provides a list of frequently asked questions for filmmakers relating to the use of visual effects in the filmmaking process.
- How do I film a scene of someone being shot, and showing blood?
- How do I get a job in special effects?
- How do I get my hands on fake guns?
- How do they do that 'frozen time rotation trick'?
- How do they do that effect where the action speeds up and slows down in the same take?
- How do you achieve those shots where the camera seems to pass through a window or glass object?
- If I use fake guns in a public place am I leagally obligated to inform the local police?
- What is a squib and how do I build one?
- What's the best material to use for rear screens?
- Why is bluescreen blue?
We don't have any unanswered questions in this category at the moment.
- Actors & Casting
- Crew Role Definitions
- Editing & Post-Production
- Film School & Career
- General Reference
- Glossary of Terms
- Legal Issues
- Marketing & Distribution
- Music & Sound
- On Set/On Location
- Online Resources
- Useful Organisations
- Visual Effects