Internet Filmmakers' FAQ
Provides a list of frequently asked questions for filmmakers relating to writing screenplays or scripts for films.
- Can treatments be sold to film studios or production companies to adapt them into screenplays?
- How do I check whether my movie name is available?
- How do I copyright my script?
- How do I get the rights to adapt a book into a screenplay?
- How do I work out the timing of my script from its number of pages?
- How long should my film be?
- I've just written this awesome script. Does anyone have [insert name of famous filmmaker]'s email address?
- What cool screenwriting resources are out there on the Net?
- What is a script report?
- What is a treatment?
- What is the best screenwriting software?
- Where can I get film scripts on the Net?
We don't have any unanswered questions in this category at the moment.
- Actors & Casting
- Crew Role Definitions
- Editing & Post-Production
- Film School & Career
- General Reference
- Glossary of Terms
- Legal Issues
- Marketing & Distribution
- Music & Sound
- On Set/On Location
- Online Resources
- Useful Organisations
- Visual Effects