- All Posts Must Be Related To Filmmaking - this is a site about filmmaking and our forums are for the discussion of filmmaking-related topics only. Please do not post messages here that do not directly relate to filmmaking and filmmakers.
- Read the FAQ Before Posting - FAQ stands for "frequently asked questions" and the Internet Filmmaker's FAQ contains answers to over 200 filmmaking questions. You may find that your question is already answered there!
- Respect Group Topics - each group has been given a broad topic to simplify access to the information. Please respect the topic of each group when posting. Off-topic posts will be removed.
- Keep It Civil - whilst we're not oversenstive to bad language or negative comments, we would ask that you keep your posts in the realms of public decency. And if you are going to be critical about something or someone, please be objective.
- No Cross-Posting - "cross-posting" is where you post the same message to multiple groups within our forums. We do not allow cross-posting because it just clogs up the forums with duplicate messages, and since most users read all the forums anyway, all this does is increase the page loading time and make it harder for users to find information they are actually interested in. When posting, please choose the most appropriate group for your message and post it once there. We will delete all of your messages if you cross-post to multiple forums.
- Second Hand Items - please post these to The Toolshed, filmmaking.net's dedicated used equipment forum.
- All posts must be in English - filmmaking.net is an English-language site. All posts must be in English.
- This site is international. filmmaking.net is more than happy for you to use the forums to discuss issues for local filmmakers in your area. However, when posting and replying, please keep in mind that filmmaking.net speaks to an international audience. Make sure that you are clear about locations, restrictions, and any other relevant information.
Lastly, are you a spammer?. Filmmaking.net do not tollerate spam of any kind. These forums are actively moderated and have measures in place to allow administrators to quickly identify spammers. Spam posts will be deleted immediately and you will be instantly and permanently banned from the site.