Editing & Post-Production
Internet Filmmakers' FAQ
Provides a list of frequently asked questions for filmmakers relating to the editing and post-production processes used in filmmaking.
- Can HDV be shown on ordinary televisions, DVD players etc?
- Help! I can't capture video via Firewire in Adobe Premiere.
- How can I clean up grainy digital footage shot in low-light conditions?
- How do I make my video look like film?
- How do you achieve those shots where the camera seems to pass through a window or glass object?
- How long should my film be?
- How to I sync sound when I shoot on film but edit on video/digitally?
- I need ... codec. Where can I get it?
- Is it possible to edit individual frames of a film without high-end equipment?
- The Wide-Screen Maze
- What hardware do I need to edit on my computer?
- What is Firewire / iLink / IEEE 1394
- What is scratch music/temp track?
- What is skip-bleach processing?
- What is streaming video/audio?
- What streaming video/audio formats are available?
- What's the difference between 'online' and 'offline' editing?
- What’s the best editing software to use?
- Which is better for filmmaking, PC or Mac?
We don't have any unanswered questions in this category at the moment.
- Actors & Casting
- Crew Role Definitions
- Editing & Post-Production
- Film School & Career
- General Reference
- Glossary of Terms
- Legal Issues
- Marketing & Distribution
- Music & Sound
- On Set/On Location
- Online Resources
- Useful Organisations
- Visual Effects