Music & Sound
Internet Filmmakers' FAQ
Provides a list of frequently asked questions for filmmakers relating to the use of sound and music in filmmaking.
- Can I record sync sound on a laptop?
- Can I record sync sound on Mini-Disc?
- Do I need to get the rights to music used in my film if I'm not charging people to view it?
- How do I get the rights to use a song/music in my film?
- How to I sync sound when I shoot on film but edit on video/digitally?
- Should I bother to record sound on set if it's all done in post?
- What are the best techniques for recording voice-overs for film?
- What is scratch music/temp track?
- Where can I get royalty-free music for my film?
We don't have any unanswered questions in this category at the moment.
- Actors & Casting
- Crew Role Definitions
- Editing & Post-Production
- Film School & Career
- General Reference
- Glossary of Terms
- Legal Issues
- Marketing & Distribution
- Music & Sound
- On Set/On Location
- Online Resources
- Useful Organisations
- Visual Effects