What good film schools are there in the USA?
Internet Filmmakers' FAQ
By far the most respected film schools in the US are:
- University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
- University of Southern California (USC)
- The American Film Institute (AFI)
- New York University (NYU)
- Columbia College - Hollywood (California)
- Columbia University (New York)
- Florida State University (Florida)
- Los Angeles City College (California)
- Northwestern University at Evanston (Illinois)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (New York)
- University of Texas at Austin (Texas)
All of these institutions are listed in college guides that are available from books stores, local libraries, and career advisers. Note however, that U.S. universities and colleges can be extremely expensive for non-residents and there are relatively few scholarships for international students in the media area.
Don't forget to also check out filmmaking.net's comprehensive film schools database.
Answer by Benjamin Craig | Last updated 29-Nov-2004
Emerson College in Boston! Almost everyone in LA knows about Emerson College.