Internet Filmmakers' FAQ
Answers to the most frequently asked questions by filmmakers.
Started in 1994, the Internet Filmmaker's FAQ is one of the oldest filmmaking resources on the Internet. It now contains answers to over 150 questions which are commonly asked by new and independent filmmakers and is being continually expanded.
- How do I 'copyright' my company's name?
- Do I need to get the rights to music used in my film if I'm not charging people to view it?
- How do I make my video look like film?
- What hardware do I need to edit on my computer?
- Which camera should I buy?
- What’s the best editing software to use?
- Is it necessary to obtain a release from everyone whose face appears on camera?
If you have a new question you would like to see answered in the FAQ, select the most appropriate category and submit your question. Alternatively, if you know a little about filmmaking check out the list of unanswered questions in each category and feel free to answer any you can.