Technicolor Launches 'CineStyleT Color Assist', an Entry-Level Colour-Correction/Grading Tool
By Benjamin Craig | 28-Nov-2012
When it comes to colour and motion pictures, there are few companies out there who can match the expertise and experience of Technicolor. The company's name is of course synonymous with helping shift movies from the black and white to the full-colour realm, but historically its technology has mainly been utilised by Studios and expensive post facilities. But with the launch of CineStyleT Color Assist, high-quality, real-time colour correction and grading software is now available to indie filmmakers everywhere.
CineStyleT Color Assist allows users to select from 25 custom-designed CineStyleT Looks created by Technicolor's world-class colorists, or create new looks which can be previewed in real-time across an entire video clip without first having to render. Users can also save up to nine Color Compositions per video file for instant review and ultimate creative flexibility. The tool also speeds up production workflow by allowing users to quickly and easily apply, preview and modify CineStyleT Looks during production shoots and in the editing process. And the best thing is, the software is available for a very reasonable $99.00 (with a free 7-day trial).
Additional premium CineStyleT Looks packages can be purchased for $19 and include 10 additional custom-created Looks per package. Additional CineStyleT Looks packages available now include "Movie Looks" and "Extreme Looks". CineStyleT Color Assist works in conjunction with popular editing software, such as Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and CS6.
CineStyleT Color Assist Feature Set:
- Instant color correction & grading with render free playback
- 25 CineStyle Looks designed by Technicolor Colorists for quick grading
- Ability to save up to nine Color Compositions per video clip
- Non-destructive color correction & grading via MetaColorT file
- User-friendly interface
- 3-Way Color Corrector, Key Selector & Curves Adjustments for advanced control
- Support for popular video codecs in SD, HD & 2K resolutions
- Scopes to easily monitor color information
- Plugin support for Apple Final Cut Pro 7 & Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 & CS6
- Expandable library with additional premium CineStyle Looks packages
- Secondary monitor support for full screen playback
- Technology based on Technicolor's award-winning DP LightsT System