Raindance and Direct Line Challenge You to Tell a Story in 40 Seconds Straight
By Raindance | 14-Jun-2011
Fancy yourself as the next Martin Scorsese or Tom Hooper? Well this may be the competition for you.
Direct Line has teamed up with Raindance, founders of the Raindance Film Festival and the British Independent Film Awards, to launch 40 Seconds Straight - a film competition all about making complicated situations straightforward. The closing date for receipt of entries is midnight, 8th August 2011.
There are two prizes for the competition - the Critics' Choice and the People's Choice.
The Critics' Choice is decided by our panel of judges, with the prize comprising:
- A trip to the Cannes Film Festival 2012
- A year's free membership to Raindance and a full Raindance Festival Pass
- The winning film to be shown at the Raindance Film Festival 2011
- The winning film to be promoted by Direct Line
- The film that gets the highest number of views on the competition's YouTube channel will receive two tickets to the British Independent Film Awards (BIFA) after-show party
- The winner will also receive year's free membership to Raindance and a full Raindance Festival Pass
- Shortlisted films will receive a free one year membership to Raindance
- All films will be considered for screening at the Raindance Film Festival
Judging this competition are five highly accomplished experts within their given fields:
- Chris Addison, actor and comedian
- Alex Zane, film critic and presenter
- Elliot Grove, founder of Raindance
- Jane Crowther, Associate Editor, Total Film
- Kerry Chilvers, Marketing Director at Direct Line